We’re always excited when Palm Beach Dramaworks releases the next year’s schedule. Somehow, this company always manages just the right balance of new work, lesser-known pieces, and classic plays. We saw Driving Miss Daisy 15 years ago during the company’s early years, and still have fond memories of an outstanding show.
Just out, the 2017-2018 lineup, along with show summaries direct from PBD:
- The Little Foxes by Lillian Hellman (Oct. 20-Nov. 19, 2017): At the turn of the century in the Deep South, the ruthless, moneyed Hubbard class poison everything they touch.
- Billy and Me by Terry Teachout (World Premiere, Dec. 8, 2017-Jan. 7, 2018): Tennessee Williams and William Inge – two great American playwrights, one turbulent friendship.
- On Golden Pond by Ernest Thompson (Feb. 2-March 4, 2018): A retired couple’s solitude in interrupted when their daughter arrives with her fiancé and his son.
- Edgar & Emily by Joseph McDonough (World Premiere, March 31-April 29, 2018): In this comic fantasia, emerging poet Emily Dickinson is unexpectedly visited by a desperate Edgar Allan Poe.
- Equus by Peter Shaffer (May 18-June 17, 2018): A psychiatrist attempts to treat a young man who has a troubling obsession with horses.
Subscriptions are on sale now. To learn more, visit the Palm Beach Dramaworks website or call 561-514-4042.