Today, in honor of National Wine Day, meet Monsieur Maurice.
Maurice Amiel, the island’s French Wine Merchant, sources food-friendly, hand-crafted bottles from the world’s greatest wine regions. He’s not in the trophy business. He wants his wine to be opened and enjoyed with a lovely meal in the company of friends and family. His clients rely on him as their wine advisor, whether it’s for a romantic dinner for two or for a reception for 200.
He also hosts a delightful Palm Beach tradition – “Friday Uncorked.” The weekly wine tastings are held in the shop’s patio garden from 6-8 p.m. each Friday evening.
This week, the shop will preview the summer’s newest wines, including:
- An elegant, crisp Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley.
- A Pinot Grigio from northern Italy.
- A Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon, full-bodied with a long finish.
- A smooth Chinon Reserve, also from the Loire region.
- A full-bodied Cahors Malbec.
An array of French cheeses, including Camembert and Brie de chèvre, will accompany the wines. Visit the French Wine Merchant in the Paramount Building, 139 N. County Road, Palm Beach, or call (561) 833-7712.