There’s Brazilian jazz. There’s Picasso. There are paper flowers and still-life fruit and Mid-Century Modern masters. And that’s after we go to dinner at The Café.
The Norton Museum’s Art After Dark event is so full tomorrow evening (Thursday, May 19), we may just have to sleep there. (Remember From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? Just like that.) Here’s the schedule:
- Flowers, Fruit, and More: Still-Life Paintings in the Collection
Tours at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Meet in the Shapiro Great Hall.
- Picasso: Love, Sex, and Art: In an hour-long BBC documentary, the people who knew Picasso best give new insight into the man, his women and his work. Showings at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. in the Reynolds Classroom.
- DIY: Still Life to Real Life: Design your own 3-D paper blossom, inspired by the flowers in the museum’s still-life collection. Available from 6-8 p.m. in the Harris Pavilion.
- Mid-Century Modern Masters: Tour begins at 6:30 p.m. Meet in the Shapiro Great Hall.
- Rose Max and Ramatis: Acclaimed Brazilian vocalist Rose Max tours worldwide with Brazilian acoustic guitar master Ramatis. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Schwartz Theater.
Visit the Norton at 1451 South Olive Avenue in West Palm Beach. Call (561) 832-5196 or visit the website for more information.